Monday, May 21, 2007

Home was a nice break

Just got back to Victoria after taking some down time after the last couple of races in Hamilton at my parents place. Little training was done to recover and get ready for the next block of training and racing. I did my swims at McMaster University, and the rides and runs I did in the country side just outside my parents door. It was good to be back home and go on some of the old routes that I used to ride.

I went to McMaster on Saturday about noon to swim. I get there and there is a sign in the change room that the swim is canceled. I ask someone why the swim was canceled and they say "DON'T YOU KNOW!?!?!?!?! THE JASPER BLAKE IS IN TOWN AND HE ONLY DOES HIS SWIMS IN PRIVATE SO WE HAD TO GIVE HIM THE WHOLE POOL TO USE." Wow, Jasper...has the IM Canada win gotten to your head!?!?! Actually Jasper was putting on a triathlon clinic in Hamilton and I think that they were using the pool at that time. So because of Jasper I had to miss one of my swims. I think he owes me the 5000m that I was slated to do.

Today was the first open was session of the season. We slipped on our wetsuits (mine still damp from Lisbon...impossible to put on a damp wetsuit!) and did two loops of the big island (about 1300-1400m each) at Thetis lake. Going around the island we ran into a couple trees that decided to fall into the lake over the winter. Joel is going to have to bring his axe next session and start chopping some wood if he wants the record to be lowered!

There is going to be some really hard training going on in the next two weeks leading into Vancouver WC. Got to get my recovery in so it is time to hit the hay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You keep on training hard and do you're best - you do us all proud.
x0x0
love ya